2015 promises to be an exciting year for the Orange Bowl.
On December 31, 2015, Sun Life Stadium will host the first College Football Playoff Semifinal of the postseason – the Capital One Orange Bowl. This is the first year the Orange Bowl is serving as a College Football Playoff semifinal host.
The other semifinal will be played at the Cotton Bowl at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas. Matchups for both games will be announced Sunday, December 6th on ESPN starting at 12:30 p.m.
The 2015 Orange Bowl will be played on New Year’s Eve at either 4 p.m. or 8 p.m., and will either feature No. 1 vs. No. 4 or No. 2 vs. No. 3.
“The response for tickets has been outstanding, and because of the strong demand we had to be creative in providing additional seating,” said Dawson Hughes, the Orange Bowl’s vice president for business development. In preparation, Sun Life Stadium is currently undergoing major renovations to modernize and enhance the game day experience.
Stadium Modernization Includes:
- Reconfigured lower-level with seats moving closer to the action
- Enhanced concourses and upgraded concessions
- Multiple new seating products and experiences
- State-of-the-art video boards located in the 400 level corners (to be completed by 2016)
- Open-air canopy that will shade more than 92% of the seats (to be completed by 2016)
- Renovation to the 200 level and suites (to be completed by 2016)
Although Orange Bowl tickets are currently sold out, you can join the waitlist and become updated with new ticket opportunities as they arise.